PDA

View Full Version : Check out this hilarious "known issues" article.

itadmincrbc
03-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Known issues with DisplayLink on OS X 10.9 Mavericks
ID: 354 - Updated: Jan 24, 2014 - Category: Troubleshooting
Symptom

This article details the known issues with DisplayLink displays with OS X 10.9.
Problem

The following issues have been found on OS X 10.9 and do not currently have a resolution

Second DisplayLink display connected may be blank.
Setting rotation on one display rotates a different screen.
Some applications can show severe flickering on DisplayLink screens. Examples of applications that show this issue are Safari, QuickTime and the App store.
Some applications can show corruption and/or missing contents while updating windows contents. Examples are Maps, iBooks and the Dock.
Display arrangement is not kept when using 2 or more DisplayLink displays.
All screens black and unusable after unplugging a DisplayLink screen. This is caused by Apple's Window server crashing. This can be recovered by replugging the DisplayLink device.
On the Retina Macbook Pro, changing the layout to mirror logs the user out. Again this is caused by Apple's Window server crashing.
Apple menu icon misplaced on DisplayLink screens

Oh and they forgot - don't even try to undock and re-dock because chances are it won't come back on properly.

Oh, also, waking from sleep does whatever it damn well pleases with the monitor configurations.

In summary, the product is completely unusable.

Carlo
03-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Thank you itadmincrbc for linking the article. We link to it as much as we can but the more the better.

I think it's useful to check also the recent history in http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=333 to have an idea of the time scales involved in these fixes from Apple.

About Mavericks, the most common issues are only visible when using more than one third party screen. This can be DisplayLink or any other third party screen like other USB screens or iPad applications or WiFi screens.
The user experience while using only one screen is much better. I'm on Mavericks as well so I'm surviving on a forced screen real estate diet at the moment.

Carlo