PDA

View Full Version : 110 Days since Mavericks released, so WTF!!!!

sirlantzalot
02-09-2014, 08:31 PM
I have been nursing this half-baked hardware combo for far too long. I simply don't care who's problem this is. I have one Macbook Pro w/Retina that I can temporarily "trick" it to work with 2 USB adapters. I have a Macbook Air that is not "trickable". The point is tricks are hacks and as a customer I expect better.

I had this problem with the last 2 OS's upgrades with the same responses from Displaylink folks.

I am raising these issues with Apple as well but as a DisplayLink customer, this is your 3rd strike, your out.

arawnsd
02-10-2014, 03:09 PM
I agree, this is ridiculous at this point.

I've got 3 USB monitors, and for almost 4 months, only one works.

The tricks that other people have had success with have never worked on my system.

If there was another option to purchase (or my adapters weren't too old to return), I would move on to another product.

dontheman
02-13-2014, 04:41 PM
I am also sick of the endless BS by DisplayLink basically blaming Apple and doing nothing, at least nothing we can see since the Nov 1 update. I don't care who's fault this is, DisplayLink needs to fix this, it their product and I have been more than patient checking back every single day for 110 days in the hope of finding an update posted. Fix it or give me a refund for my 3 DisplayLinks. Off to finish my Amazon review......

gtgweb
02-17-2014, 07:54 PM
I spoke to a sales tech from starTech and they assured me the 10.9.1 and 2.1 display link drivers were working fine in their labs. I have about 2 weeks left from CDW for a return, the clock is ticking.....

arawnsd
02-18-2014, 12:25 PM
I am also sick of the endless BS by DisplayLink basically blaming Apple and doing nothing, at least nothing we can see since the Nov 1 update. I don't care who's fault this is, DisplayLink needs to fix this, it their product and I have been more than patient checking back every single day for 110 days in the hope of finding an update posted. Fix it or give me a refund for my 3 DisplayLinks. Off to finish my Amazon review......

Amazon review! Great idea. I'm at a point where I feel like I need to do something, and being honest on a review seems like the best option.

itadmincrbc
02-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Don't hold your breath for a solution. This finger pointing routine will continue. Honestly, Displaylink and Kensington should be refunding EVERYONE's money for this joke of a product.