PDA

View Full Version : Dock keeps losing connection - USB 3 light flashing off and on

itadmincrbc
11-20-2013, 10:45 PM
It's one problem after the other with this thing. It took me a couple weeks to get it somewhat "working", now every 2 hours or so the green USB light starts flashing and I lose connection and of course, lose network, lose my second monitor, etc. I've never had so many problems with a product before.

Mind you I still cannot use dual monitors from the dock. I have to have one plugged into the laptop display port cable.

itadmincrbc
11-21-2013, 02:53 PM
I shut down the computer last night, booted it this morning and no dock green light. Had to remove the power and re-apply power to the dock. Unplugging and plugging the USB has no effect.

itadmincrbc
11-21-2013, 03:49 PM
I've tried everything, including repairing disk permissions and reinstalling 2.1, that still didn't work. Dock green light still flashes and a power cycle makes it normal again. I've now reverted back to the horrible 2.1beta driver in hopes that it just is usable. I will gather and upload the log files.

itadmincrbc
11-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Didn't work. dock failed again so I'm uploading the log files.

itadmincrbc
11-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Just got off the phone with Kensington they suggested testing on another machine. All I have is a PC with USB2.0 but I installed and it's working fine as of right now but will update as the day goes on. Absolutely no issues with the video performance on the PC and it's only USB2.

smutek
11-22-2013, 01:32 AM
Good luck, but don't hold your breath. I wasted about 20 hours trying to get my unit to work (a Sabrant USB, in my case) all to no avail. Worked great for 3 days then mysteriously just stopped working.

I even went so far as to roll my machine back from Mavericks to Mountain Lion, complete fresh install. Still would not work.

Posting here in the "support" forum has been sort of like standing and yelling in a big, empty warehouse.

itadmincrbc
11-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Yeah it's failing under Windows too, so I am RMAing it, and they already shipped out a new unit.