PDA

View Full Version : Black screen w/ one display link monitor

smutek
11-16-2013, 01:40 AM
Hey all -

I'm running an early 2011 macbook pro, 10.9 mavericks, with 2 Dell 2209WA monitors connected.

One monitor is connected via the thunderbolt port and the second is connected via a display link device (Sabrent).

I just received this device on Wednesday and it had been working great up until about an hour ago. Now my display link monitor is black. The monitor shows up in system prefs / displays, there's just no image. After a few minutes the display goes to sleep.

The thing that makes me a little nutty about this is that there's been no changes to my system, no new software installed, etc. - I was just sitting here reading something online and the display crapped out.

The only change that I can think of is that I disconnected the computer today and took it out with me for a meeting. Brought it home, reconnected, and everything worked fine for a couple of hours.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 2.1 drivers, then the 2.1 beta, and now I am back on the 2.1 release version. Also tried switching USB ports. The monitor is connected to the display link device via a DVI cable.

After the first uninstall / reinstall of the 2.1 drivers the monitor did come back on for about a minute, then went black again. Nothing since.

Is there anything at all that I can do here, or should I just put the monitor and my display link device on a shelf until Apple issues a fix?

Thanks in advance for any advice.