PDA

View Full Version : Layout issues with multiple displays, not just multiple DL on Mavericks

D43m0n
11-05-2013, 07:51 AM
I updated to Mavericks this weekend, this morning at work I plugged in my Kensington USB3 dock and it all worked, until I noticed the lag. So I updated to 2.1.

A thing I'd like to mention: in release notes for 2.1 beta and 2.1 final, I read there's an issue with layout (arrangement) of displays when using more than one DisplayLink device. Well, I can tell you that with the combination of adding a DisplayLink device to a dual setup, will rearrange the layout of displays.

I have a MBA (mid 2012) using the DisplayPort for the 1st external display, and a Kensington Dock with a DL3900 chip for the 2nd external display. Occasionally, I use the builtin screen of the MBA too. Previously, with Mountain Lion and 2.0 of the DisplayLink driver, the arrangement was kept as I originally set it up. Now, with Mavericks and 2.1 it's "quite" messed up. I spent 10 minutes this morning in figuring out how to get the display arrangement like it used to be. With reboots, different order in connecting the DisplayPort and the Kensington USB3 dock.

Is this behavior "by design"?