PDA

View Full Version : Unable to spread window over two screens

itsonlyme
11-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Ever since updating to 10.9, I have no longer been able to display a window across two displays physically placed side by side.

Any others have this issue?

MartinPlaza
11-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Maverick now enables the Menu Bar and Docking bars on each dosplay. As well, you can now set that each display is a separate 'Space' accessable through Mission Control. This seems to have resulted in making each display a completely separate entity, so each display works independently. When you move a window from one display to another, it displays it as if you had moved it off the display in a one display settup.

The advantages the new functionality gives is that there is now a Menu and Docking Bar for each display. This means you do not need a 3rd party app to hava a menu bar on each display, but does mean that you cannot have the one window spread over 2 or 3 displays. You can also set up separate 'Spaces' for each display.

If you do not want this new functionality go to System Settings->Mission Control and uncheck the 'Display have separate Spaces' option. You will need to re-login to have the setting applied.

itsonlyme
11-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the hint.

While I liked the menus on multiple screens, I have some massive spreadsheets so I spread MS excel over multiple monitors so I can have multiple windows open at the same time. Unfortunately I need functionality of Windows version as well so that complicates things further.

Turning functionality off got things back to how I like to use.