PDA

View Full Version : I encourage everyone to get your money back from Kensington.

itadmincrbc
10-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Fill out the form here

http://www.kensington.com/kensington/us/us/s/1570/90-day-money-back-guarantee.aspx

Let these jokers know they can't do this. They expect us to work with Apple to get this fixed when THEY should be doing it or issuing refunds to everyone who bought this junk.

Nigel
10-30-2013, 11:36 AM
I have a Kensington display link adapter running under Mavericks. Sure it's laggy, but that should be addressed on Nov 5th. Other than that it's fine. The display adapter not to blame - it's software drivers under Mavericks - nothing to do with Kensington.

gilesmartin
10-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Regardless if it is software or hardware displaylink makes money by selling to Kensington and other companies who then resell their technology. Consumers pay for the hardware, not the software. The only way to get OEMs like Kensington to put real pressure on displaylink to stop being so flat footed with updates (I'm not just talking about mavericks here) is to have a huge number of returns of these products. When Kensington and others see this they will pressure displaylink to be more responsive to customers needs with the threat of dropping their technology if they do not.

itadmincrbc
10-31-2013, 03:33 AM
I have a Kensington display link adapter running under Mavericks. Sure it's laggy, but that should be addressed on Nov 5th. Other than that it's fine. The display adapter not to blame - it's software drivers under Mavericks - nothing to do with Kensington.

Wow. Just exactly what are you talking about on Nov 5th? Any why isn't Kensington to blame when they're buying an inferior product from Displaylink?

You keep using that laggy crap then connect it with the display port cable and see what it's SUPPOSED to work like.

November 5th update WILL NOT fix the poor video performance.

"Unfortunately there are OS X regressions in 10.9 that affect the API we use to add additional displays on OS X. These have been raised with Apple for months, but have not been fixed before the first release of OS X 10.9. We have tried to find work arounds, but unfortunately there is only one API to add USB displays to OS X so we have no solutions to fix the issues in our driver."