PDA

View Full Version : Issues requiring UNinstall reboot REinstall reboot

likethesky
10-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Hi DisplayLink ~

I just replied to another user who seems to have a similar problem.

I have had your product for 6-9 months now and really love it. However, I've had to uninstall and reinstall the drivers at least 4-5 times over that period when my displaylink monitor just "stops working" ...

Nothing I've tried has fixed it. It is a second monitor, in addition to a displayport monitor I also have hooked up with a displayport to DVI adaptor I use for that one. The displayport monitor *never* has an issue, but every couple of months, my displaylink monitor doesn't work.

I uninstall the driver, reboot, reinstall the driver, reboot, and then it works again.

UPDATE: And yes, I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting, I've tried disconnecting the displayPORT monitor and only using the DisplayLINK, I've tried rebooting several times (without uninstalling the driver), etc. Only behavior that seems to 'repair' the issue is to uninstall and reinstall the DisplayLink driver. I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion), not Mtn Lion or Mavericks. /UPDATE

I'd like to see this aggravating behavior fixed, of course. Short of that, it would be nice to at least have an option to "reinstall" the drivers (that is, uninstall/reinstall with only one-reboot in-between) somehow.

Can someone from DisplayLink address this issue and answer my questions?

Thanks!

dispnev
10-22-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm getting the exact same trouble.

I have one DisplayPort monitor, and two DisplayLink monitors. About once a month *poof* the two DisplayLink monitors go dead. I was hoping someone had some repair that was less of a pain in the a55, but that's all I could find to fix it too -- uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot.

I hope someone finds an easier repair, or even a fix for the problem in the first place.

It seems the monitors go dead when the Mac is busy doing a big backup when it boots up. I don't know if that's it, but it's a guess.

I think there needs to be some sort of "re-detect DL monitors" button or option.

And Mavericks is coming out soon (today?) and I am worried I will lose use of my two DL monitors if I upgrade.

Carlo
10-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Which version of the drivers are you using? We had an issue with driver matching in 2.0 but the 2.1 beta should have resolved it. We cannot reproduce this specific issue at the moment.

If you are already using the 2.1 beta can you collect the logs the next time you have this issue? To collect good logs in this case please boot without the device connected, log in to your account, connect the device and then collect the logs.

The log tool is at http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
You can attach the logs here or send them through http://www.displaylink.com/support/ask_question.php

Thank you,
Carlo

likethesky
10-25-2013, 01:41 AM
I guess I don't get notified (emailed) when you reply.

Anyway, thanks for your response Carlo. Yes, I'm using v 2.0, I will try using 2.1 and see if that fixes it.

I'm also downloading Mavericks now, though reading all of *those* issues DisplayLink is having, perhaps I should hold off on upgrading to Mavericks until v 2.1 of the driver comes out of the Beta period at least... !

Thanks!