PDA

View Full Version : DisplayLink Driver for 10.9 Mavericks

hafudo
06-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Hello.
i still cant get my DisplayLink Adapter working.
it was detected but just not working
any help will be apreciate
http://i.imgur.com/8Of62GK.png

jkirker
07-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Is this your first or second DisplayLink monitor?

Under Mavricks I've only been able to get 1 device working while the other is recognized but doesn't display anything.

hafudo
07-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Is this your first or second DisplayLink monitor?

Under Mavricks I've only been able to get 1 device working while the other is recognized but doesn't display anything.

hello jkirker,
thanks for reply
it was working when i plug to Hi-Speed USB not Super-Speed USB
now the problem is just the same with you.
i have used to use 2 monitor but just 1 device working.
2 device was working when i was using OSX lion.
is it jus because of low memory or the software problem?
what do you think?
thanks

jkirker
07-03-2013, 06:08 PM
hello jkirker,
thanks for reply
it was working when i plug to Hi-Speed USB not Super-Speed USB
now the problem is just the same with you.
i have used to use 2 monitor but just 1 device working.
2 device was working when i was using OSX lion.
is it jus because of low memory or the software problem?
what do you think?
thanks

I'm hoping that they are working on this. I noticed that they second monitor wasn't working as soon as I installed Mavricks. I'm now running the 2nd monitor off the built in hdmi port on my MBP. ;( Another cable to plug in.

midii
10-23-2013, 09:22 AM
I only have one screen but it is excessively laggier than it was on Mountain Lion. I've had to disable the menubar off each screen as this lags it even further. The mouse jumps around the screen rather than smooth scrolling.

Would be good if we can get a fix for this.

System is a 2011 Mac Mini with 16gb of RAM and i5 2.3ghz.

Capsule
10-24-2013, 08:12 AM
I only have one screen but it is excessively laggier than it was on Mountain Lion. I've had to disable the menubar off each screen as this lags it even further. The mouse jumps around the screen rather than smooth scrolling.

Would be good if we can get a fix for this.

System is a 2011 Mac Mini with 16gb of RAM and i5 2.3ghz.

Same hear:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?p=71793#post71793

Capsule
10-27-2013, 02:28 PM
hello guys,

after two days of work with mavericks on the second display via my usb display link device I found out a kind of solution for the "laggy" mouse.

-Since Mavericks your dock appears on the every screen you are working. To do that you have to point at the bottom of your screen with the mouse.

-At this point in time I recognize a much smoother tracing from the mouse as before.(without showing the dock on the second screen)

- If you then opend up a programm in that screen with the dock the tracing will be smoother again...

So in conclusion for a kind of solution the laggy mouse will disappear by putting the dock on the second screen which is connected through the usb adapter.

so long

Capusle

mkormendy
11-04-2013, 05:03 AM
They just released a new stable version 2.1 on November 1st! .. all of the speed lagginess has been fixed, especially with the mouse, and as well rendering issues I had with Mountain Lion on some window graphics for applications like Messages are all fixed too! WOOHOO!

I have managed to turn off that funky menubar on all of the screens because I didn't like it anyhow, but I haven't tested it, so that may be fixed too!

ehendrix
11-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Just want to comment, just upgraded to Mavericks now that 2.1 driver is out. So far so good.
Using the menu bar on all screens, only issue I notice is that the "Apple" icon on the menu bar is not showing on the Displaylink display whereas it is showing on others.
No flickering or lagging noticed so far. Using 1 DisplayLink display.

Maxiim99
11-04-2013, 06:59 PM
guys with one displaylink it works fine but with 2 display links it does not work whatever screen gets connected first out it work and the other one remains blank!!!

revert back to the beta !!

gtreulands
11-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Hi!

DisplayLink 2.1. driver works good (mouse is not lagging anymore), but I've noticed, that once in a minute - Finder crashes and restarts itself!

(mid 2010 macbook pro i5 2.4ghz - using it as closed and connected 1 monitor through mini displayport and second using usb2 displaylink)

gilesmartin
11-05-2013, 02:41 PM
i have been noticing this constant crashing of WindowServer as well. It is a known issue identified in the bug report for this driver.

Everett
11-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Hi!

DisplayLink 2.1. driver works good (mouse is not lagging anymore), but I've noticed, that once in a minute - Finder crashes and restarts itself!

(mid 2010 macbook pro i5 2.4ghz - using it as closed and connected 1 monitor through mini displayport and second using usb2 displaylink)

I am also seeing the finder crash, although sporadically. I *seem* to have resolved this after monitoring the messages in console, noting that the crash seemed related to insufficient disk space, and cleaning up some space.

Hope this helps!

gtreulands
11-05-2013, 09:05 PM
I am also seeing the finder crash, although sporadically. I *seem* to have resolved this after monitoring the messages in console, noting that the crash seemed related to insufficient disk space, and cleaning up some space.

Hope this helps!

When I first encountered this problem I indeed had little free ram left (less than 1GB), but now - I've unplugged usb monitor, have above 2 GB free ram, and still encounter this problem.

sw41
11-05-2013, 10:13 PM
I have 2 different docking stations with dual monitor outputs that ran great in 10.8 and now on 10.9 I am getting the "only 1 of the 2 monitors" comes up + the laptop display.

Using 2012 Macbook Pro with all Maverick updates, Lenovo's USB3 universal docking station with dual dvi and the Targus usb3 dvi/hdmi docking station. (both have the display link sticker on them)

I can plug in 1 monitor into either port and it comes up, then the 2nd one does not. SysPref > Displays shows there are 3 displays but only 2 are "on".

dustinkraus
11-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Just want to comment, just upgraded to Mavericks now that 2.1 driver is out. So far so good.
Using the menu bar on all screens, only issue I notice is that the "Apple" icon on the menu bar is not showing on the Displaylink display whereas it is showing on others.
No flickering or lagging noticed so far. Using 1 DisplayLink display.

I am also seeing this but my apple menu icon shows up in the middle of the menu bar. The Apple menu is still in the right place as I can click in the blank space and it appears, but the apple logo itself is in the middle of the menu bar

ehendrix
11-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Mine is just not showing, but clicking in the area it should be works and then it shows the Apple icon together with the menu, when I then click somewhere else the Apple icon goes away again.

dontheman
11-07-2013, 01:10 AM
I agree. The new version always leave one monitor under powered and the beta did not. Going back to the beta.