PDA

View Full Version : DisplayLink Driver Install/Uninstall Issues -- Please help!

sohailk
05-25-2013, 01:12 AM
Hey there, I'm having some troubles getting the displaylink driver to work on my macbook air 10.8.3. It won't install, nor will it properly uninstall.

I get a corrupted/invalid error when I try to mess with the .kext and there are no plist files. Anyone have any similar problems or could give a helping hand?

I can grab my logs (for whatever) if you need. Thanks!

ChristianP
05-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Could you please reinstall the 2.0 driver, connect the DisplayLink device and grab the logs, using the DisplayLink debug tool? You can download it from here: http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Could you also report what's inside your /Library/LaunchDaemons and /Library/LaunchAgents folders. Type in a Terminal ls -al /Library/LaunchDaemons and ls -al /Library/LaunchAgents/. Thanks

sohailk
05-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Hi Christian,

Thanks for getting back to me. I was checking my USB settings under system report, and I don't see anything that would resemble the displaylink or sabrent DA-HDU3 that I'm using.

In LaunchDaemons:
com.adobe.SwitchBoard.plist
com.atlassian.SourceTreePrivilegedHelper2.plist
com.displaylink.displaylinkmanager.plist
com.fitbit.fitbitd.plist
com.google.keystone.daemon.plist

In Launchagents,
com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0.plist
com.displaylink.useragent.plist
com.displaylink.useragent-prelogin.plist
com.google.keystone.agent.plist

I've also attached the Zip of the files you needed. Thanks again Christian! I really hope to get this working.

ChristianP
05-31-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks for posting the debug info. The installation seems OK The DisplayLink agents started correctly, but, as you stated, the USB device is not discovered by the OS.
Could you please try to plug in the DisplayLink device through a powered USB hub and check if you see it listed in the USB tree? I woulld like to exclude any sort power issue. Thanks