PDA

View Full Version : Lion 10.7.5?

yogimama
12-31-2012, 01:07 AM
Hello,

I have what I hope will be a simple question.

I'm running Lion 10.7.5 on an MBP (2011) and want to add a second external monitor. Research turned up USB to HDMI/DVI/VGA adaptors using DisplayLink chips as the solution. When I looked into this back in 2011, it looked like there were still some issues for DisplayLink to work out for full compatibility with Lion, so I held off. Now I'm looking into again, and the boards are all lit up with major problems with the recently released Mountain Lion--to the point of making DisplayLink change the info pages to acknowledge that the devices are just not working reliably for folks with Mountain Lion.

So here's my question. Since I'm still using Lion, can I safely drop my $$ to pickup one of the Plugable or Diamond adaptors running the DL-165 or DL-195 chip? And if so, which MAC driver should I use? 1.7 or 1.8? (Won't be using rotated monitor)

Thanks in advance for any clarification provided!

vipa
01-03-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm also using Mac Lion 10.7.5 and have had a problem trying to connect my 2nd external monitor to Macbook by USB.

The screen color looks terrible as showed in the screenshot. The release note of v1.8 says that it only supports up to Lion 10.7.4. I hope you could release the new version as soon as possible to fix the issue.

Wim
01-04-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm also using Mac Lion 10.7.5 and have had a problem trying to connect my 2nd external monitor to Macbook by USB.

The screen color looks terrible as showed in the screenshot. The release note of v1.8 says that it only supports up to Lion 10.7.4. I hope you could release the new version as soon as possible to fix the issue.

That looks like a faulty cable or adapter that is not working, not a software issues.

Wim

Sabbir3223
02-06-2013, 03:15 PM
This what's kinds of software?

interlock (http://www.wiks.com.au/interlock)